Saturday, October 1, 2011

You will receive a fortune (cookie)

Ben had an eye appointment today. Our eye doctor is in a strip mall-type joint, two doors down from a Chinese restaurant. So he brought home a big batch of sweet and sour chicken and fried rice for lunch. (Allyson, ever the adventurous eater, took two bites of my chicken and asked for a PB&J.)

It came time for fortune cookies, which Allyson enjoyed much more than the sweet and sour chicken. She was particularly interested in the fortunes:

"I will read this to you, Mommy. What does it say?"
"I don't know, Ally, what does it say?"
*after scrutinizing the paper for a moment* "It says 'Good people.'"

And now she is sitting on the couch, watching The Wiggles (hey, who is this Sam guy? What happened to Greg?) and making this screeching noise I can only describe as non-human.

*screech*
"Allyson Joy! What do you think you're doing?"
"Just going like this: *screech*!"
"Well, stop that. You're giving me a headache."
"You should go have some coffee."

She's right, I probably should.

No comments:

Post a Comment