Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bedtime Prayers

We've been praying with Allyson before bed. It's part of our routine - I read her a book (sometimes two, sometimes 15), and then Ben comes in and we pray together. He usually leads us, but tonight he had a committee meeting at church so all the bedtime stuff was left to me.

Allyson decided she wanted to do the prayer all by herself. Here is what she came up with. Keep in mind she is still feeling a little puny because of this cold she picked up someplace:

"Dear God. Thank you for everything. Help me to feel much better. I'm not always good, but I'll do better. You love us and we love you back. Jesus' name, Amen."

I can be kind of cynical sometimes.  Usually only on days that end in y. But this totally made my heart grow three sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment