Sunday, October 2, 2011

Baseball.

It's October, which means: Baseball playoffs! Our beloved Cardinals won the NL Wild Card, and are currently on the wrong end of a 1-0 series with the Phillies.  Anyway, before tonight's game started we were watching the other National League Divisional Series: Arizona Diamondbacks at Milwaukee Brewers.  Allyson is not as into baseball as Ben and I yet, but she is getting there:

Allyson: I want to play a baseball game.
Me: Yeah?
Allyson: Yep. Looks fun.
Me: Okay, Ally. How do you play baseball?
Allyson: You get the bat. And then you wait for the guy to throw the ball to you. Then you swing the bat, and smash the ball!
Me (cracking up): Then what?
Allyson: Oh, you run. You have to run. If you walk, you lose.

I also asked her advice on who to root for in that series, since I kind of like both Arizona and Milwaukee. Guess I'm going with Milwaukee, since she advised that I root for "the blue guys."

No comments:

Post a Comment