Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Story of the Titanic

Our local library offers story time. They have one for preschoolers on Monday evenings or Tuesday mornings, and for toddlers on Wednesday mornings. I take Allyson to the Tuesday morning one. It's fun - they read a couple of books about that day's topic, they sing some songs, and there's a craft afterwards.

This week's topic: The Titanic. Which, as my friend Amanda (a children's librarian at a different library) pointed out, is kind of a heavy topic for preschoolers. But I'm reasonably sure they skipped over the whole "corpses bobbing in the sea" portion. (Totally stole that from Whose Line is it Anyway?).

I asked Allyson to tell me what the story was about. And here now, is the story of the Titanic, as told by Allyson J. Funk (age 3.5):

Well, Mommy, there was a boat. It was pretty big. Everything was okay until the captain hit that big ice cube. He wasn't being careful and then the boat sinked. After the boat sinked, he saw a polar bear. They got soaking wet. That's it, Mommy, that's the whole story. I want to play with the Legos before I make my craft.

If James Cameron had made that version, I probably would have liked it a little more.



No comments:

Post a Comment