Thursday, September 22, 2011

If I'd-a known you were coming, I'd-a baked you a cake.

My mom's birthday is on Saturday. For her birthday present, she wants to take Allyson apple-picking. So I decided to explain this today:

Me: Allyson! Did you know that Saturday is Grandma Sue's birthday?
Allyson: Oh! Can I help?
Me: Help with what?
Allyson: The cake!
Me: Uh... how do I say this... well, Ally, I wasn't planning on making a cake.
Allyson: (*big sigh*) MOMMY. Everybody gets a chocolate cake on their birthday.

So, looks like I'm baking a cake now.

Anyway:
Me: And for her birthday, she wants to take you apple-picking.
Allyson: YAY! I don't know what that is.
Me: It's where you go and pick apples off the trees.
Allyson: To eat them?
Me: Sure.
Allyson: YAY! Can we put them in the cake?
Me: I certainly hope not.
Allyson: I will eat mine with peanut butter.

Great, now I want apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment